Hey, Welcome back!
The Facebook Stampin’ Through the Catalog Team’s Challenge stamp set choice for today is the fabulous Daisy Garden Background stamp. There is so much you can do with it.
I kept it simple matching it up with the Hand Stamped Sentiment Sketch Challenge (#371) that influenced me to use the Spotlight Technique and for the colors I chose the Color Hues Challenge (#25).
Here is the result:
- Using the Stamparatus Positioning Tool, I stamped the Daisy Garden stamp twice on to Very Vanilla cardstock panels (4¼” x 5½”) with Soft Suede ink.
- One panel was trimmed to (3” x 4¼”) and the from the other, a (2⅜”) circle was die-cut with one of the dies from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
- With Stampin’ Blends, I colored the image in the circle. Background – So Saffron Light, Stems – Cajun Craze Light, Leaves – Daffodil Delight Dark highlighted with retired Mango Melody Dark and Flower Centers – Pumpkin Pie Light highlighted with Pumpkin Pie Dark.
- For a clean and simple esthetic, I chose a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
- The sentiment, I can’t thank you enough, is from the Feels Like Home stamp set and was stamped with Cajun Craze ink in the lower right corner. Feels Like Home is a free selection item from the current Sale-a-bration Brochure and is yours free with a $50.00 purchase.
- The Background was adhered to the card base and the Spotlight Circle was popped up with Dimensionals and then positioned to match up with the stamped image beneath it.
Large floral images are a perfect backdrop for the Spotlight Technique. Highlighting only one section draws your eye in and the variety of color choices are endless.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
6 thoughts on “Daisy Garden Spotlight – Thank You”
This is so pretty! Such a good idea to stamp in brown instead of black – especially on the vanilla cardstock, it keeps everything soft and light. Lovely spotlight technique, too. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!
Love how you used the wonderful spotlight technique for your card. I also love the colors you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.
I love how you used the spotlight technique on your card. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!
Such a pretty card and one of my favorite techniques! Thanks for playing along with our 1st Anniversary Challenge at Color Hues!
Very clever take on our sketch – a great technique I haven’t used in a while – I must have another go – thanks for joining us at HSS this week.
Fabulous take on our sketch. Very clever. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.