Had a play with the Less Is More Challenge (#450). This a newer one for me. Hope you like it!
Here is the result:
- For the “Spots”, I chose to add them via the Dots Embossing Folder. However, the challenge is to create a one-layer card, so I made a void embossing mask with the (2⅜”) circle die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set and several pieces of thick cardstock.
- I ran the embossing folder with the mask over a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) card front through the Cut & Emboss Machine and now had a blank circle space. A perfect place to stamp an image.
- I chose to dress up the circle with an embossed border. Using the Impression Mat with the Cut & Emboss Machine and the same (2⅜”) Stitched Circle Die, I was able to get the stitches into the blank circle space.
- Into this circle space I stamped the delightful little Penguin from the Count on Me stamp set and added the sentiment, Hello, from the Love of Leaves stamp set. Both images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Penguin and his Balloon were colored with Watercolor Pencils (Assortment 1); Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Bermuda Bay. The colors were then softened with a Blender Pen.
That little Penguin is so cute! Dropping by to say hello – how can you not smile?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.