Time to case the catalog…this week, it is a card found in the Sale-a-bration Brochure on page 3. Not quite ready for Christmas, so let’s have some fun combining a few challenges!
Sketch: Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#319); Materials: As You See It Challenge (#257) and Theme: Global Design Project (#307).
Here is the result:
The As You See It Recipe items included, Wheat or Grass, Gingham, Twine, an Embossing Folder and the color Crumb Cake so I went on a hunt. The Global Design Word was Thanks.
- I sourced my Terra Cotta Tile Colored Gingham from the 2019 – 2021 In-Color Designer Series Paper Pack. Terra Cotta Tile is a nice Fall color and I am sorry it has retired. Panel size is (4¾” x 3½”).
- I chose a complimentary Crumb Cake toned piece of patterned paper for the smaller panel (3¼” x 2¼) from the Harvest Meadows Designer Series Paper Pack.
- I felt that Very Vanilla color was too “bright” against the Harvest Meadow DSP, so I opted to use a piece of retired Naturals Ivory cardstock that I still have in my stash. I used this paper for both the sentiment and the additional background panel. Panel size is (5¼” x 4”)
- I stamped the sentiment, Thank You, from the Plentiful Plants stamp set in the center of the panel using the retired Terra Cotta Tile ink color and then I die-cut the sentiment with the Label Die from the Meadows Dies set.
- I then dry-embossed the panel with the retired Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder to incorporate the embossing element as per the recipe. I chose the Pinewood Planks EF over the new Timber EF because I wanted a picnic table look for my gingham table cloth.
- For my Wheat and/or Grass element, two Stalks were die-cut from Terra Cotta Tile cardstock with a die from the Meadows Dies set and another Stalk was die-cut from Crumb Cake cardstock with a die from the Harvest Dies set.
- The Grasses were trimmed to fit the height of the card (approximately 3¾”) and bound together with Line Thread.
- A Terra Cotta Tile card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) was selected to complete the card.
I like the subtle pop of Fall color that Terra Cotta Tile gives this card and it is balanced nicely with the neutrals of Crumb Cake and Ivory.
Shall we have an outdoor harvest picnic? Let’s set up a date!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Harvest Meadow – Thank You”
What a lovely way to use all the recipe elements, Jolanda. I like the layering of the papers with the extra texture in behind. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge.
I miss Terracotta Tile at this time of year, too, Jolanda! I love how you’ve paired it with the other colours. Thanks for cooking up our recipe at As You See It Challenges!