Ready for number two?
I wanted to keep the sketch as clean as possible as there were only two elements and the dichromatic option means only two colors, so I went with the suggested pink and blue colors.
I also chose to use a few retired products in my stash to help me out with my design.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Misty Moonlight cardstock (stepping in for Navy).
- Card Front Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock. Using the “Hugs” die from the retired Lovely Words Thinlets Dies set, I added the circle shape opening in middle of the card front.
- Circle Inset: (2½”) Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue (for contrast) and Polished Pink cardstock scraps and (2¾” x 2¾”) piece of an Adhesive Sheet.
- The Half Circle Shape die from the retired Stained Glass Dies set was cut six (6) times (two of each color).
- The Misty Moonlight cuts were used as the Frame and added to the Adhesive Sheet.
- The Polished Pink and Balmy Blue cuts were Paper Pieced into the Frame to make up the colored circle.
- The Colored Circle was fitted in behind the “Hugs” opening in the card front.
- The card front was adhered to the card base.
- Sentiment Banner (3” x ⅝”) Misty Moonlight cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from Blossoms in Bloom stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Accent Banner: (3⅛” x ⅞”) Polished Pink cardstock scrap.
The Banners were layered and added above the circle as per the sketch to complete the card. This turned out to be a fun two-colored birthday card!
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.