Ready for number two?
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches (#644), Theme: Seize the Birthday (#233) and Color: Color Hues (#35).
I wanted to keep the sketch as clean as possible as there were only two elements and the dichromatic option means only two colors, so I went with the suggested pink and blue colors.
I also chose to use a few retired products in my stash to help me out with my design.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Misty Moonlight cardstock (stepping in for Navy).
- Card Front Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock. Using the “Hugs” die from the retired Lovely Words Thinlets Dies set, I added the circle shape opening in middle of the card front.
- Circle Inset: (2½”) Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue (for contrast) and Polished Pink cardstock scraps and (2¾” x 2¾”) piece of an Adhesive Sheet.
- The Half Circle Shape die from the retired Stained Glass Dies set was cut six (6) times (two of each color).
- The Misty Moonlight cuts were used as the Frame and added to the Adhesive Sheet.
- The Polished Pink and Balmy Blue cuts were Paper Pieced into the Frame to make up the colored circle.
- The Colored Circle was fitted in behind the “Hugs” opening in the card front.
- The card front was adhered to the card base.
- Sentiment Banner (3” x ⅝”) Misty Moonlight cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from Blossoms in Bloom stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Accent Banner: (3⅛” x ⅞”) Polished Pink cardstock scrap.
The Banners were layered and added above the circle as per the sketch to complete the card. This turned out to be a fun two-colored birthday card!
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 9G9BQTUH (February 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Remember that you can select FREE Sale-a-bration items with every qualifying $50.00 or $100.00 purchase this month.
5 thoughts on “Happy Birthday Hugs”
Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
Such a pretty card, Jolanda! The die is amazing and I like the layered banners with the sentiment. So glad that you played along with us at Color Hues!
Such a pretty card, Jolanda! I love that die cut in these colors. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!
This is beautiful! The inlay technique looks amazing!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues ♥
Jolanda, I love this die and the awesome colors you chose…I can see changing up the colors for more masculine or feminine! Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!
LikeLiked by 1 person