I am working with the Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#329).
I have been influenced by the following challenges: Stampin’ Up!’s November #SimpleStamping Sentiment Challenge, Paper Players (#566) Theme, Color Hues (#29) for color and Alphabet “P” is for Patterned Paper. Let the fun begin…
Here is the result:
This month the #Simple Stamping Challenge is to use only Stamps, Ink and Paper…a Thank You sentiment and nothing else.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Background Panel (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Soft Suede, Tango Tangerine and Very Vanilla patterned piece of paper from the retired Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper pack that I still have in my stash.
- Accent Panel (1): (3¾” x 3¾”) Cinnamon Cider cardstock. The edges were adorned with Faux Stitching that I applied with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Accent Panel (2): (4½” x 2⅝”) Calypso Coral cardstock.
- Focal Image Panel: (3½” x 3¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock. Fern images from the Forever Fern stamp set were stamped with Calypso Coral, Cinnamon Cider and Soft Suede inks. I also added Faux Stitching to the edges with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅛” x ⅞”) Soft Suede cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Thank You…, from the Blessings of Home stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. This is a little upgrade but such a WOW for such little effort.
- Ribbon: (2½” x ⅜”) Calypso Coral cardstock scrap cut on the diagonal with Paper Snips.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. No tools other than a Ruler!
The “orange” and “brown” retired patterned paper tones in nicely with the new colors and works really well for this soft Autumn “Thank You” card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
6 thoughts on “Forever Ferns – Thank You”
I love it when challenges spark off one another like you have done here. A great mix of DP, die cuts and stamped elements. Thanks for sharing at Color Hues. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Gorgeous! You can never go wrong with these pretty images, and the layout and papers you used fit them perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!
This is a beautiful card design with a warm and inviting color palette. You used the theme to perfection this week. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players.
A lovely design and the stamps work perfectly for our orange/brown color combination at Color Hues! Thanks for joining us!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Beautiful card! Love the layers and your use of the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!
Love this card, Jolanda – it’s one of my favourite stamp sets! That patterned paper in the background sets the image off so well. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT