Having a little play before I get ready for tonight’s class. A quick little card showcasing the pretty Designer Series Paper – Tidings of Christmas for the Alphabet Challenge Letter “P”.
I am working with the Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge (#449) and taking several liberties by changing the orientation from horizontal to vertical, changing the square shapes to trees and creating a mini slim-line card for the Double Trouble Challenge (#96).
Here is the result:
- Mini Slim Line Card Base: (7” x 6” scored at 3½”) Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Left Accent Strip: (½” x 6”) Evening Evergreen Herring Bone pattern from the Tidings of Christmas Designer Series Paper pack.
- Center Accent Strip: (1½” x 6”) Sahara Sand Snowflake pattern.
- Right Accent Strip: (½” x 6”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock scrap.
- Squares – Shapes – Christmas Trees: (1¾” x 2¼”) Additional patterned paper: Cherry Cobbler Stripe, Basic White Holly and Pine, Evening Evergreen Holiday Leaves, and Evening Evergreen Stripe. The Trees were punched out with the Pine Tree Punch.
- Sentiment Label: (2” x ½”) Evening Evergreen cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Christmas Cheer, from the retired Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set was chosen because I needed a shorter sentiment to fit the vertical mini slim-line card. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The label was flagged by hand using Paper Snips.
All of the elements were adhered to the flipped card base to resemble the sketch. Two of the Trees were popped up with Dimensionals.
Such pretty paper. Six different patterns are shown on this Christmas card. The sketch is a great one to use up smaller scraps you may have on hand from making other projects.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
One of the Twists with the Double Trouble challenge was to use a punch or a die and if you did so, you could enter Elibelle’s Crafty Challenge for November. So, I will do that too!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: GKVF4FKZ (November 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.