I pulled out a piece of retired Tempting Turquoise cardstock and the matching Stampin’ Write Marker for this project. Tempting Turquoise is an all-time favorite for Aqua. Coastal Cabana or Bermuda Bay would have been my alternate choices.
Here is what I created:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Black and White paper pattern from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack. With the Tempting Turquoise Stampin’ Write Marker, I colored (8) circles in the design to represent the horizontal Cross Strip behind the Focal image.
- Shape – Outline Floral image: Tempting Turquoise cardstock. The Floral image was die-cut with the Penned Flowers Dies.
- Shape – Accent Mat: Basic Black cardstock die-cut with the matching die.
- Vertical Cross Strips: (¼” x 4”) Tempting Turquoise cardstock strip that was curled with a Bone Folder until the paper separated into two. The appearance is that of Suede. These strips were used as a ribbon element behind the Focal image.
- Sentiment Label: (2½” x ⅜”) Basic Black cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Embellishment: Rhinestone Basic Jewels colored with the Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Blend.
With the intricate detail of the Floral image, I felt the other two small element shapes suggested by the sketch would be a bit too much.
A fun card to put together. I hope you like it!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.