Over at the Color Hue challenge site, the colors are Black and Aqua. Such a striking combination! I felt that the Saturday Sketch (#665) would work nicely for the idea that popped in to my head.
I pulled out a piece of retired Tempting Turquoise cardstock and the matching Stampin’ Write Marker for this project. Tempting Turquoise is an all-time favorite for Aqua. Coastal Cabana or Bermuda Bay would have been my alternate choices.
Here is what I created:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Black and White paper pattern from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack. With the Tempting Turquoise Stampin’ Write Marker, I colored (8) circles in the design to represent the horizontal Cross Strip behind the Focal image.
- Shape – Outline Floral image: Tempting Turquoise cardstock. The Floral image was die-cut with the Penned Flowers Dies.
- Shape – Accent Mat: Basic Black cardstock die-cut with the matching die.
- Vertical Cross Strips: (¼” x 4”) Tempting Turquoise cardstock strip that was curled with a Bone Folder until the paper separated into two. The appearance is that of Suede. These strips were used as a ribbon element behind the Focal image.
- Sentiment Label: (2½” x ⅜”) Basic Black cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Blossoms in Bloom stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Embellishment: Rhinestone Basic Jewels colored with the Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Blend.
With the intricate detail of the Floral image, I felt the other two small element shapes suggested by the sketch would be a bit too much.
A fun card to put together. I hope you like it!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Blossoms in Bloom – Penned Flowers Birthday”
That DSP is just perfect! If I had any in my stash I would use it so sparingly. This card came together perfectly and I am so happy you were attracted to our great colors this time at Color Hues and decided to play along. Lovely card!
Love your card! Tempting Turquoise is one of my all time favorite SU! colors! Plus, Pattern Party is my favorite DSP from the current catalog. I might be copying the way you colored just a strip of the DSP in the future. Great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Judith.