This week’s Case-ing Tuesday Sketch Challenge (#309) was mixed with the Global Design Project Color Challenge (#297) and the TGIF Technique Challenge (#321).
A fun and friendly Peek-a-Boo Birthday card…
Here is what I created:
- Daisy Cut-Outs: (1⅜” x 2¾”) and (1” x 2⅜”) Basic White cardstock. Using the Stamparatus Positioning Tool, the large Daisy Garden stamp was inked with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped. Just portions of the stamped image were die-cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies in the sizes previously mentioned. The Flowers were colored with the Fresh Freesia, Blackberry Bliss and Old Olive (standing in for Pear Pizzazz) Stampin’ Blends.
- Sentiment Cut-Out: (3¼” x 1¼”) Basic White cardstock. The sentiment words, HELLO and friend, from the Biggest Wish stamp set were stamped with Fresh Freesia and Blackberry inks, respectively. The sentiment was die-cut with the Stitched Rectangle Die is the size previously mentioned.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- Positioning of Peek-a-Boo Window: The larger Daisy rectangle and the Sentiment rectangle were adhered into place on the card front. The position of the smaller Daisy was determined and temporarily adhered in place. The same sized Stitched Rectangle Die was placed over top and held in place with Painter’s Tape. The small Daisy rectangle was carefully removed and the opening was die-cut.
- Inside Card Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Fresh Freesia cardstock. The sentiment words, HAPPY and birthday, from the Biggest Wish stamp set were similarly stamped with Fresh Freesia and Blackberry Bliss ink. The resultant Blackberry Bliss die-cut rectangle was off-set against the small Daisy rectangle when it was positioned in the window opening completing the card.
I thought this sketch lent itself well to a Peek-a-Boo window styling. I so love the Daisy Garden background stamp (lots of possibilities) and the Daisies look so pretty in the Fresh Freesia.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.