I decided to play with the Blended Alcohol Technique for this card.
Over at Sunday Stamps (#259), the current challenge is Color and you must pick at least three colors. As a “Green” girl, I opted for what I determined to be White, Soft Sea Foam, Just Jade and Pool Party.
To create the background paper design, I filled a Stampin’ Spritzer with Isopropyl Alcohol. I used a (½) sheet of Vellum cardstock (8½” x 5½”). I started by securing the corners of the Vellum with some washi tape to curb as much curling of the Vellum as possible. Then I liberally sprayed the Vellum with Alcohol and added a few drops of the Soft Sea Foam, Pool Party and Just Jade ink from the Classic Ink Re-Fills directly to the Vellum and Alcohol wet surface. Added more Alcohol Spray and moved the ink around by blowing through a Sipping Straw. More Alcohol, more blowing etc. until I was happy with the overall look and left it to dry. The Background turned out a little darker than intended as the Just Jade color came out deeper and stronger. Note: I have both 70% and 91% in Spritzers, so I am not sure which one I used.
I was influenced to create this background as I wanted to cut it up and use it to make the sketch presented by Freshly Made Sketches (#491).
Here is what I created once the Background paper was completed:
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Rectangle Panels: (1”), (1⅛”), (1¼”) and (1¼”) The colored Vellum paper cut in to strips (5½”) long. The panels were secured with washi tape to the Grid Paper straddling the 4” top / bottom line, in the placement that suited me. Once secured, I chose the Bamboo Stalks and Leaves, from the Bamboo Beauty stamp set and stamped them on to the Vellum panels with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and let it completely dry. I went with the Bamboo Beauty images because the Vellum turned out to be darker in color than intended and more suited to a singular black image.
- Once dry, the colored panel strips were folded and wrapped around the Basic White Background Panel and secured with Scotch Tape with (⅛”) White space showing.
- Sentiment Label: (1⅛”) Soft Sea Foam cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Sending CARING thoughts, from the same stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and die-cut with the small circle die from the Tasteful Labels Dies set.
- Label Accent Mat: (1⅝”) Basic Black cardstock scrap die-cut with the other circle die from the same die set.
The Vellum and Basic White background panel was adhered to a Soft Sea Foam Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) and the Sentiment Label was popped up with Dimensionals so that it would float.
This treatment reminds me of Stained Glass art pieces hanging in front of a lighted window. Quite pretty and I really like how this card turned out.
Entering this card into the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (#318). Letting someone know that you care about them is always an occasion to send a card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.