Tuesday! Design Team Challenge for Facebook Case-ing Tuesday Sketches (#403). Where we recreate and/or CASE (copy and selectively edit) the chosen Catalog sample card of the week.
I picked the colors suggested by TGIF (#415) and the word of the week from Just Us Girls (#674) to create my design.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock for a Standard A2 card instead of a Notecard.
- Background Panel: (5” x 3¾”) Bermuda Bay Cross-Hatch patterned piece of paper from the retired 2020/2021 Brights Collection Designer Series Paper pack.
- The sentiment, LET your DREAMS set SAIL, from the Let’s Set Sail stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Focal Panel: (3¼” x 3¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The cardstock was tipped on to the diagonal and a straight base line was established.
- From the Let’s Set Sail stamp set:
- The Boat and Mast image was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink.
- The Foresail image was stamped with Real Red ink.
- The Mainsail image was stamped with Daffodil Delight ink.
- The Flag was added by hand with the Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker.
- The Birds image was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink.
- The Sun image from the February 2023 Sunshine & Smiles Paper Pumpkin Kit was stamped with Daffodil Delight ink.
- The panel was dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Strips: (5½” x ½”) and (5¼” x ½”) scraps from the 2022/2023 Collections Designer Series Paper packs: Brights (Daffodil Delight) and Regals (Real Red).
All elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the base sketch.
A fun, bright sunshiny all occasion card.
Be inspired! Join us at Case-ing Tuesdays. I love to see what you create.
Thank you for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 6DYFYRWW (April 2023) if you spend less than $150.00. On-Line exclusive products now available. Check out the selection and get creative!
2 thoughts on “Setting Sail into the Sunshine”
A fabulous sunshine-and-sailing card designed in an eye-catching fashion and sure to encourage the lucky person receiving it. So thrilled that you joined us at Just Us Girls.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Fun sailing-in-the-sunshine card for our challenge this week at Just Us Girls! Thanks for joining us!
LikeLiked by 1 person