Card number two for today. Giving myself a speed challenge courtesy of As You See It (#289). Can I do it ten minutes or less? Let’s see…
The trick for speed stamping is to be prepared and then set the timer.
Here is the result:
- Obtained scraps from the retired Sale-a-bration Silver & Gold Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. Sizes: (2½” x 3½”) Silver Dots and (3½” x 6”) Silver Stripes.
- Obtained my Brushed Silver cardstock base: (8½” x 5½”)
- Obtained stamp images, Ornament, Ornament Topper and Holly Branch from the retired Embellished Ornaments stamp set and the sentiment stamp, Peace & Happiness, from the retired Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set and added them to my blocks.
- Obtained my Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool.
- Obtained my retired (¾”) and (1”) Circle Punches.
- Selected my Light Calypso Coral and Dark Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends Markers.
- Ink Pads on hand and ready to use: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark and Shaded Spruce.
- Had my bucket of Silver Embossing Powder and spoon nearby.
- Had my Heat Tool plugged in and ready to go.
- Had the Simply Shammy Cleaning Sponge on the ready as well.
- Card Base was scored at (4¼”).
- The Silver Dotted piece of patterned paper was colored with the Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend Marker and set aside.
- Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, the Ornament, Ornament Topper and Holly Branch were stamped onto the Plastic Sheet of the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool, one in each corner.
- The stamps were cleaned.
- The images were then inked with Versamark and using the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool as a guide, were stamped onto the Silver Striped patterned piece of paper.
- Silver Embossing Powder was spooned over the images, any excess powder was knocked off and then the images were heat-set with the Heat Tool.
- Additionally, two more Holly Branch images were stamped with Versamark and heat-set with Embossing Powder onto the Calypso Colored Silver Dotted patterned piece of paper.
- Letting the images cool for a quick second, I then colored the Ornament and the Holly Leaves with the Stampin’ Blends Markers.
- The sentiment was added under the Ornament.
- Using the Circle Punches, the Calypso Coral Holly Leaves were punched out.
- A quick look at the clock and I am still under the 10 minutes…
- The completed stamped image panel was trimmed to (5½”) and added to the card base.
- The Circles were added to the edges of the Ornament.
Done! And the time…9 minutes and 42 seconds.
This is such a pretty, shiny card. So happy that it turned out okay. Hope you like it!
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C24QX6UH (December 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.