Welcome back! Slow start to the day. Can you believe it is December? My, how the year has flown by…
Well, I got my act in gear and created this clean a simple card for a few outstanding challenges that revolve around a winter theme.
TGIF (#396) for the subject and colors, Just Us Girls (#660) for the picture over the mantle and the overall colors in the room, Time Out (#228) for both Holiday / Winter and Global Design Project (#371). Bringing it all together, I chose the Saturday Sketch (#714) layout.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Garden Green cardstock.
- The sentiment, Merry Christmas!, from the retired Merry Patterns stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Background Panel: (4” x 2½”) White-Washed Pine Board patterned piece of paper from the retired Wood Textures Designer Series Paper pack die cut with one of the Rectangle dies from the Deckled Rectangles Dies set.
- The Pine Branch image from same stamp set was stamped in the upper right corner with Garden Green ink.
- Vertical Rectangle: (1¾” x 3⅛”) Shimmery White and Crumb Cake cardstock.
- The Crumb Cake Trees were die-cut using the Oval Tree die from the Aspen Trees Dies set.
- A piece of Shimmery White cardstock was adhered in behind the Trees.
- The desired section of Trees was then die-cut with another of the Rectangle dies from the Deckled Rectangles Dies set.
- Circle: (2⅛”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- Two-Step stamping: From the same stamp set, the Deer Outline image was stamped with Soft Suede ink and the Deer Fill-In stamp was stamped with Crumb Cake ink.
- The Deer was die-cut with one of the stitched Circle dies from the Stylish Shapes Dies set and then fussy-cut with Paper Snips.
- I drew an eye and completed the chin detail with the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker.
- For more dimension, the Deer was adhered to another die-cut circle.
Prior to assembly, all the elements were highlighted with Crumb Cake ink using a Sponge Dauber. The Deer was then popped up with Dimensionals.
I love the rustic look of the Deer in a natural winter setting. Super card for a fellow.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C24QX6UH (December 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.