Welcome back to the Inque Spot Studio.
Trying my hand at case-ing a card created by Stesha Bloodhart, this week’s Global Design Project (#368) challenge. I chose the layout, texture, edging, popped image, twine bow and dots.
I opted for the colors and theme suggested by Double Trouble (#125) who is also partnering with Inspiration Station (#41). As I chose a flower image and used embellishments, I am adding this to the Flower Challenge (#74).
Here is my take:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (5” x 3¾”) Old Olive cardstock die-cut with the largest Rectangle die from the Deckled Rectangles Dies set.
- Background Panel: (4⅝” x 3⅜”) Very Vanilla cardstock die-cut with another Deckled Rectangle die and then dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Mat: (3⅛” x 1¾”) So Saffron cardstock scrap die-cut with yet another Deckled Rectangle die.
- Focal Image – Sunflowers: Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- The smaller Sunflower image from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set was stamped twice with Soft Suede ink.
- The Flowers were colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers. The colors used were: Light Pumpkin Pie, Dark So Saffron and Light Old Olive.
- The Flowers were die-cut with the coordinating die from the Sunflowers Dies set. I also trimmed the border edge with Paper Snips for a neater look as I overlapped the Flowers.
- Sentiment: Old Olive cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Friends Forever, from the Cottage Rose stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was trimmed out with Paper Snips.
All elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch layout of Stesha’s card. One of the Sunflowers was popped up with Dimensionals and a Very Vanilla Baker’s Twine Bow was added under the Leaf. Three Brushed Metallic Adhesive Dots were added for interest.
I love Sunflowers. Their big open and friendly appearance reminds that I have some of the best friends…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UCGCPWNV (November 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.