Time again for the Facebook Tuesday Case-ing the Catalog challenge (#381). Have you realized what a fabulous resource our Stampin’ Up! Catalogs are? So many great ideas…
Several Challenges influenced my design: Just Us Girls (#657) lead to the choice of the retired Grace’s Garden stamp set; Just Add Ink (#628) for the Colors; The Flower Challenge (#74) to add Embellishments; Happy Little Stampers (November) and Colour Crazy Craft (#43) for the Water Coloring.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Petal Pink cardstock.
- Focal Background Panel: (5” x 3¾”) Basic White cardstock.
- The two Floral images from the retired stamp set Grace’s Garden were stamped with Timber Brown Stazon ink because it is waterproof.
- The images were stamped onto Masking Paper and fussy cut and used as a Mask.
- The two Fence images were stamped over the Masked Floral images, also with the Stazon ink.
- The Bird image was added to the Fence Post.
- The scene was loosely water colored using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush in the challenge colors, Petal Pink, Blackberry Bliss and Bermuda Bay. Smoky Slate ink was used to add dimension to the Fence.
- Frame: (5” x 3¾”) Blackberry Bliss cardstock die-cut with the larger rectangular frame die from the Fabulous Frames Dies set.
- Sentiment Banner: (4” x ⅜”) Bermuda Bay cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Sending Healing thoughts…, from the Nature’s Harvest stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
The water-colored Scene was adhered to the card base and the Frame was positioned over it with Foam Adhesive Strips for a popped-up look similar to the sample card. The sentiment Banner was added in the lower right corner. Pearl Basic Jewels were added to the Frame, Banner and Flower centers.
Unfortunately, I need a sympathy card and I thought this simple little Garden Fence Scene would be appropriate.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Won’t you join us? Try your hand at case-ing this week’s sketch.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: UCGCPWNV (November 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.