Welcome back to the Inque Spot Studio!
Today, I decided to play with the Alphabet Challenge – Letter ‘O” for Outer Space. I really do not have much that fits this category…and opted for the retired Moon Baby and Star of Light stamp sets. The current color choices suggested by the Facebook Color INKspiration Challenge (#132) were a nice fit and the dark Starry Sky color worked well for the TGIF Challenge (#392) as an alternative for Black ink. A #simplestamping card, Just Stamps, Ink and Paper.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Tahitian Tide cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (3¾” x 5”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Moon Baby image was stamped with Starry Sky ink onto the card front and onto Masking Paper.
- The Moon Baby and Hanging Star Masks were fussy cut with Paper Snips and adhered in to position.
- With Versamark ink, the Swirl of Stars image was stamped over the Masks.
- The Masks were removed, and the Star Swirl was heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Versamark ink was added to the Hanging Star with the tip of an empty Versamark Pen and also heat-set with the Silver Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was then stamped in the lower right corner again with Versamark ink and heat-set with the Silver Embossing Powder.
- Excess ink on the embossed images was polished away with a tissue.
- The Moon Baby Mask was repositioned.
- Using Blending Brushes, Orchid Oasis ink was added to the center of the card front followed by Starry Sky ink around the edges.
- The Mask was removed, and the resultant Moon Baby image was colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers: Face and Hand – Light Petal Pink, Onesie – Light Old Olive and Moon – Light Tahitian Tide.
A Galaxy of Stars can be found in Outer Space along with one sweet sleeping baby…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: E2BYKECK (October 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.