One more Holiday card. Thursday’s featured stamp set on the Facebook Stampin’ Through the Catalog Challenge is Sweet Candy Canes found on page 10 of the July – December Mini Catalog. I selected the sketch over at Global Design Project (#366) which I tweaked a bit and chose the suggested colors over at Color Throwdown (#716) for an unconventional Christmas color palette.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (5½” x 3½”) Blushing Bride cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5½” x 4¼”) Basic White cardstock (base), Soft Succulent cardstock Diagonal Die-Cut and a Purple colored cardstock (from my Scrap Bin) Diagonal Die-Cut.
- Both the Soft Succulent and Purple cardstock were die-cut with the Diagonal Die from the Candy Canes Dies set.
- The Soft Succulent piece was adhered to the Basic White base.
- The resultant panel was trimmed to (5½” x 3¼”).
- Adornment Pieces – Candy Canes: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The two Candy Cane images were stamped with Blushing Bride ink and die -cut with the coordinating Candy Cane Dies.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅝” x ⅞”) Soft Succulent cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Merry & Bright, was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
The Candy Canes were added to the Diagonal Cut Panel and the Sentiment Label was popped up with Dimensionals. Adhesive Backed Sequins in Iridescent White and Pink were added for some pretty sparkle.
A fun holiday card!
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: E2BYKECK (October 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.