Welcome back! I have a Holiday card for you today…it is less than two months until Christmas and really one month before those cards have to be in the post to be delivered on time.
I have selected the ever so cute North Pole Mischief stamp set so that I can enter the Jingle Belles – Not a Creature is Stirring challenge. I selected the colors from the current Christmas Joy theme from The Card Concept (#182b) challenge, the sketch from Paper Players (#614) and as I opted to color the image, entering the Stampin’ Up! Only (#313) challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5” x 3¾”) Real Red Dotted patterned piece of paper from the Regals Color Collection Designer Series Paper pack.
- Cross Strip: (5½” x 1”) Evening Evergreen Plaid patterned piece of paper from the 2021/2023 In-Color Collection Designer Series Paper pack.
- Accent Mat: (3¾” x 2½”) Evening Evergreen cardstock
- Focal Panel: (3⅛” x 2¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Cat and Dog image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The image was colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers: Light Smoky Slate, Evening Evergreen and Cherry Cobbler.
- The background was lightly sponged with a Sponge Wedge and Smoky Slate ink to tone down the “bright” white.
- A scrap of Basic White cardstock was also sponged with Soft Succulent ink and the Mailing Label section of the Cat and Dog image was stamped over it with Evening Evergreen ink
- The Mailing Label was fussy cut with Paper Snips and adhered in place.
- Circle Shape: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The word, Merry, from the Merry Merry sentiment, was inked with Evening Evergreen ink and then stamped two times so as to fit within the circle die-cut using the (1¼”) stitched circle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies set.
- The circle was also lightly sponged with Real Red ink.
All the elements were then adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. The circle was popped up with Dimensionals and added to the right as it suited the focal image better.
These two Critters just make me smile…a fun little holiday card for pet lovers and even those that are not…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: E2BYKECK (October 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check out the Special Offers available this month…Visit my website.