Welcome back! I got some of my chores finished. A trifecta for you. Tuesday’s featured stamp set on the Facebook Stampin’ Through the Catalog Challenge is Apple Harvest. I selected the sketch over at Just Add Ink (#626) and opted for the Color Dare (#519) challenge for the color choices.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3⅞” x 4¾”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Cross Hatch image was stamped along the left side with 2nd Generation Soft Suede ink (stamped off once).
- Square: (2¼” x 2¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock dry-embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
- Using a Sponge Dauber and Crumb Cake ink the Bricks were highlighted. A little additional depth of color was added with Soft Suede ink.
- Bottom Cross Strip: White/Crumb Cake (Sahara Sand) patterned torn memo page die-cut from the He’s the Man Specialty Designer Series Paper pack was further hand torn (approx 3⅞” x 1¾”).
- The Cross Hatch image was continued and, also stamped along the left side with 2nd Generation Soft Suede ink (stamped off once).
- Focal Image – Apples: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Double Apple image was stamped with waterproof Timber Brown Stazon ink.
- Using a Blender Pen and ink from the Ink Pad Lids, the image was colored using the Faux Water Coloring Technique. Branch – Soft Suede, Apples – Real Red, Flesh – Crumb Cake, Leaves – Garden Green and Apple Blossoms – Real Red and Crumb Cake.
- Sentiment Label(s): Real Red cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, The greatest GIFT is a good FRIEND, was stamped with Versamrak ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was cut in half and closely trimmed with Paper Snips.
All the created elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. The Apple Branch was popped up with Dimensionals.
A lovely friendship card.
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
I am adding this card to the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge (#41) as I colored the image using the Faux Watercolor Technique.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: E2BYKECK (October 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.