A few challenges have been percolating in my head. Seize the Birthday (#249) Faces and Facebook Stampin’ Up! Colour (October) with the ever so pretty kitty face. I just received the new Framed Florets Bundle, available in November, and decided to play with it and an idea I had…and so, I tried it, bringing it all together with the current sketch over at Tuesday Morning (#680).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Blushing Bride Floral patterned piece of paper from the retired Hand Penned Designer Series Paper pack.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday to my beautiful friend, from the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set was stamped in the lower right corner with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Oval Accent Mat: (3½” x 4⅜”) Basic Gray cardstock die-cut with one of the oval dies from the retired Ovals Collection Framelits Dies set.
- Focal Image Oval: (3” x 4”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Floral Spray image from the new Framed Florets stamp set was stamped on the diagonal with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Using my Black Liquid Fine-Tipped Gel Pen, I hand drew the Woman’s Face in a line-art style.
- Using Stampin’ Blends Markers, the image was colored. Flowers and Lips: Dark Pink Pirouette (retired); Some Leaves and Eye: Dark Balmy Blue; Some Leaves, Eyebrow and Eyelid: Light Smoky Slate.
- Using Blending Brushes, Blushing Bride ink was added to the Facial area, Balmy Blue ink to the Head area and Light Smoky Slate around the image.
- The Floral Festooned Face was then die-cut with another of the oval dies.
- Frame Decoration: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Double Floral image from the Framed Florets stamp set was also stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored with Stampin’ Blends and then die-cut with the coordinating die from the Framed Florets Dies set.
All of the elements were arranged and adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. I chose an oval shape as that suited my image better.
I am quite happy with this card as it turned out mostly like I envisioned. A pretty card for a beautiful friend.
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: E2BYKECK (October 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.