Hey Good Morning! Do you have a favorite candy? The one you hoped for in your Halloween sack? For me that would be Ju Jubes, Gum Drops, “Dots”, and any other colorful jelly type chewy morsels. Do you have a favorite flavor? Me? Cherry or Fruit Punch, if fruity. Wintergreen or Cinnamon, if spicy.
When I first saw the Rings of Nature stamp set, the Mushroom Caps image just looked like Ju Jubes / Gum Drops to me. I just needed an opportunity to realize my idea.
Enter the Global Design (#364) challenge to case a card created by Madeline Mrotzek. Clean and simple with a repeat image and bright colors. Perfect!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Card Front: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- Using my Paper Trimmer and the Scoring Blade, I added the double embossed lines at (⅞”) and (1”) on a quarter cut sheet (5½” x 4¼”).
- Using Versamark ink and then stamping separately into Daffodil Delight, Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Gorgeous Grape and Pool Party inks, I Clear Color Embossed the Mushroom Caps by heat-setting the images with Clear Embossing Powder.
- I added a subtle background under the Ju Jubes, by stamping the Dreamy Swirl stamp from the Artistically Inked stamp set with Smoky Slate ink. Any excess ink was wiped off of the embossed colors.
- For a little sparkle, the Mini Stars image from the retired Holiday Invitation stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Once completed, the card front was trimmed to (5⅜” x 4⅛”).
- Sentiment Label: (2⅛” x ¼”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Sharing Sweet Thoughts, from the retired Sharing Sweet Thoughts stamp set was stamped with Sweet Sorbet ink and trimmed and popped up with Dimensionals.
What fun when you can use an image in a different way than intended! Hoping your day is sweet.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: E2BYKECK (October 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check my website for the current promotions.