Welcome to the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge (#399) launching today!
This week, we have a Color Challenge to serve as Inspiration for your project.
I am looking forward to seeing what you will create with these colors.
I selected the current sketch from Try Stampin’ On Tuesdays (#576) and additional Materials as suggested by Make the Cards (#64).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Balmy Blue cardstock dry-embossed with the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder and then the corners were trimmed with the Corner Rounder option of the retired Detailed Trio Punch.
- Focal Panel: (3½” x 3½”) Very Vanilla cardstock also trimmed with the Corner Rounder.
- The sentiment, your kindness warms my heart, from the Perched in a Tree stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and then stamped into Starry Sky ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- From my stash (most likely retired Stampin’ Up!), a Gold/Orange/Crumb Cake Striped Washi Tape strip was added across the panel under the stamped sentiment.
- Circle Shape – Bird: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Bird image from the same stamp set was stamped in Starry Sky ink. If you are quick, you can cover the ink with Clear Embossing Powder and heat-set the image without using Versamark ink, which is what I did because I did not want the ink to smear when I added the sponged colors.
- Using Sponge Daubers, Balmy Blue and Pumpkin Pie inks were sponged onto Bird’s Head, Wings and Breast.
- Some details and shading were added using the Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend.
- The Bird was die-cut with the coordinating die from the Aspen Tree Dies set.
- I chose to fussy cut the Bird, closely trimming off the extra little border.
- Rectangle Shape – Tree Branch: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Tree Branch image from the same stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede ink and also heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Using Sponge Daubers, the Branch was colored with Pumpkin Pie ink and retired Cinnamon Cider ink.
- The Branch was die-cut with the coordinating die, also from the same die set.
With all the pieces complete, the elements were adhered to the card base to match the flipped sketch. The Bird was popped up with Dimensionals.
A soft fall toned Thank You card. Always handy to have about.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Please join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Great inspiration, as always!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: E2BYKECK (October 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
Check out the Special Offers available this month…Visit my website.
2 thoughts on “Perched in A Tree – Your Kindness”
Love how you flipped the sketch to create your card, Jolanda! Such a great job coloring the bird, too!! Thank you for sharing your talents and lovely card with us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday!!! -Donna
LikeLiked by 1 person
What a pretty card. Love the bird and the wonderful use of washi tape on this card! Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday and Make the Cards Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, TSOT + MTCC Design Team
LikeLiked by 1 person