Sad to say, that this Crazy Cousin has to go home. This is my parting gift to my most gracious hostesses at Double Trouble. It has been a blast. Thank you.
The current challenge includes something, anything and everything. No excuse to not play along. The Double Trouble Twist is recognizing National Bacon Day and suggests that you feature a porcine image. I’m game…rooted around and found the retired This Little Piggy stamp set. Another suggestion is something “Punny”. I tried but I just couldn’t find anything that suited.
Additionally, we are asked to share our project with any of the Double Trouble’s past Partners in crime and I chose the Color My Heart Color Dare (#510) Tic Tac Toe Board (bottom line) using a soft gray as a neutral and the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (#488) which I flipped to accommodate my cute Pigs.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock (for Shortbread).
- Accent Panel: (3” x 4¼”) Silver Dotted patterned paper from the Sale-a-bration Free selection Gold & Silver Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Using a Brayer and Poppy Parade ink (for Candy Apple), the paper was colored.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 3½”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- The Two Pig images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Flower, Pigtails and Ground were colored with Stampin’ Blends. Flower Petals – Light Poppy Parade, Flower Center and Leaf – Light Smoky Slate, Ground – Light Smoky Slate and the Pigtails – retired Stampin’ Blendabilities Natural (for Nectarine).
- Accent Mat: (3⅝” x 3⅝”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Focal Images – Pigs: Very Vanilla cardstock scraps.
- The Two Pig Images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink as before.
- The Pigs were colored. Bodies and Nose – Natural Stampin Blendabilities and Hoofs – Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend.
- The Pigs were then fussy cut with Paper Snips and popped up over the original stamped Pigs with Dimensionals.
- Sentiment Label: (2¾” x ¾”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, next time you think of Wonderful Things…, from the retired Just Add Text stamp set was stamped with Poppy Parade ink.
- Label Accent Mat: (2⅞” x 1”) Poppy Parade cardstock scrap.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to the card base.
This Little Piggy has always been a favorite and it was fun to use it again.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: XXXXXXXX (September 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.