Happy Tuesday. Time again for the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge!
This week, we are encouraged to use a Stencil. Will you use one that comes in a package or will you create your own? Cannot wait to see what you will create.
I chose the current sketch over at Inspire Create (#123) and the colors suggested by Just Us Girls (#646). Sometimes, we have to create a card for a fellow…not always easy to do. I chose to use the Garden Birdhouses stamp set.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Using the Brick pattern stencil mask from the retired Pattern Party Decorative Masks set which was further masked off with Copy Paper to create the column, Crumb Cake ink was added with a Sponge Dauber.
- Once the Brick pattern was stenciled, the masks were removed.
- The Birdhouse Posts were stamped with Soft Suede ink and then colored with the Light Soft Suede Stampin’ Blend.
- The Flowers and Grass images were added to the bottom of the Posts, again with Soft Suede ink.
- Using a Mini Fine-Tipped Craft Brush, a little bit of Bleach was carefully added to the Flowers.
- When dry, the Flowers were colored with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend and a few lost details were redrawn with the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Focal Image – Birdhouses: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- Two of the Birdhouse images were stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- The Birdhouses were colored with the Light Daffodil Delight, Light Bermuda Bay and both Light and Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
- The Birdhouses were fussy cut with Paper Snips and popped up with Dimensionals.
- Sentiment Blocks: Bermuda Bay cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Hope Each Moment…, was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was cut apart into the four blocks and they were added to the panel.
So simple, just Stamps, Paper and Ink with a little help from a Stencil and an easy step-up by heat embossing the sentiment.
A nice gender-neutral card perfect for any fellow.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Please consider joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz and sharing what you have made.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is almost over.