Welcome to the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge (#396) launching today!
This week, we have a Color Challenge for you. I am looking forward to seeing what you will create with them.
I chose the Facebook Case-ing Tuesday (#370) Sketch Challenge for this week and the A Fish & A Wish stamp set to showcase these colors.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4¼” x 5½”) Basic White cardstock.
- The top and the bottom of the panel was dry-embossed with the Splatters 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Mat: (4¼” x 4¼”) Mottled Calypso Coral piece of patterned paper from the retired Artfully Composed Designer Series Paper pack.
- Focal Panel: (4¼” x 4”) Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
- A few drops of Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin’ Ink™ Refill was mixed with water to create a very fluid color wash.
- The color was painted on to the watercolor paper several times with the Wide-Tipped Water Painter Brush, allowing the washes to dry, which resulted in the various patterns and depth of color.
- When I was happy with the result and the piece was completely dry, I stamped the Wave image with Bermuda Bay ink.
- The Air Bubbles from the retired Seascape stamp set and the sentiment, Hey, There!, from the Charming Sentiments stamp set were also stamped with Bermuda Bay ink.
- The Kelp image was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Focal Images – Fish: Basic White cardstock scraps.
- The three Fish images were stamped with Rich Razzleberry and Calypso Coral inks.
- The two Fish images that match the Fish Builder Punch were punched out.
- The other Fish was fussy cut with Paper Snips and the punched fish were trimmed a little closer to minimize the white edge.
With all the pieces complete, the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch and the Fish were popped up with Dimensionals.
I just love those little guys. I may have mentioned that this set was one of my first must-have stamp sets when I saw the 2022/2023 Annual Catalog. The colors, Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry just came across as tropical to me, so I went for a dive in the Sea.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Please join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Such fun colors with lots of possibilities!
You can also give the Case-ing Tuesday Sketch a try. Lots of room for lots of fun images.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is almost over.