Hey there, welcome back! While I had the watercolor paper and the brushes out…why not use them for the Global Design Project (#356) Challenge to Case (Copy and Selectively Edit) of a lovely card created by Emma Goddard.
Elements: Floral Spray, Centered Greeting, Colors, Background Decorative Pattern, Twine and Gems.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Tahitian Tide cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) Basic White cardstock.
- Parakeet Party ink was applied to the inside of the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder with a Brayer.
- The cardstock was placed inside and I applied pressure with my fingers to transfer the pattern.
- Focal Image: (3¼” x 4½”) Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper.
- Two of the Rose Floral images from the Jar of Flowers stamp set were stamped with the waterproof Stazon Black ink on to the watercolor paper.
- Using the Fine-Tipped Water Painter Brush, the images were painted. Polished Pink for the Roses, Tahitian Tide for the Small Blossoms, Soft Succulent for the Eucalyptus, and Parakeet Party for the Greenery. The colored inks were picked up directly from Ink Pad Lids.
- Once dry, the Floral images were fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Circle: Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper water colored with Tahitian Tide ink using the Wide-Tipped Water Painter Brush.
- The sentiment, I love being your friend, from the retired Calming Camellia stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- The sentiment was die cut with the (2⅛”) stitched circle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies set.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to the card base. The top Floral image was popped up with Dimensionals and a Double White Baker’s Twine Bow was added along with a few Pool Party colored dots from the Glossy Dots Assortment pack.
A pretty card for a special friend.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is winding down. Be sure to get the item(s) you want before they are gone.