Happy Tuesday and a happy day! I have some more time to play.
Several really fun challenge ideas have been combined for this card. Most nights, I have challenges on the “brain” and often have a plan when I wake up…
Paper Players (#604) – Black and White with a Pop of Color; Can You Handle The Pressure (#13) – Optional Twist to include Pets; Time Out (#220) – Create a Background; Happy Little Stampers (August) – Use Dies.
And what sketch to select to bring all these ideas together? I chose the current TGIF (#381) Sketch. You can follow the link to the site, if you want to see more ideas. I am limited to four challenges when I create for Paper Players, so I will not submit this card to the TGIF challenge this time around. I love that you can grab inspiration from many sources.
For the Pets, I chose the North Pole Mischief stamp set and for my Color Pop, I chose Tahitian Tide.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Tahitian Tide cardstock.
- Accent Mat: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3¾” x 5”) Basic White cardstock.
- Creating my own Background:
- Using the Big Shot Embossing Mats with the Big Shot Machine, I dry-embossed the Dots & Spots Die to get the little Dots.
- I then added the Paw Print stamp with Versamark ink in an alternating pattern over the Dots and heat-set the Paw Prints with Black Embossing Powder.
- Rectangle Panel: (2⅜” x 3¾”) Basic Black cardstock scraps.
- Two Squares were die-cut with the (2⅜” x 2⅜”) stitched square die from the Stylish Shapes Dies set.
- The Squares were dry-embossed with the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder.
- The Two Squares were overlapped to create the Stitched Rectangle Panel.
- Circle Shape: (2⅛”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Circle was die-cut with the (2⅛”) stitched circle die from the same die set, Stylish Shapes.
- Focal image – Dog and Cat: Basic White cardstock scraps.
- Portions of the two animal stamps were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Both the Dog and the Cat were colored with Stampin’ Blends. Light Smoky Slate and Tahitian Tide.
- Additional details were added with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker. Dog: Left Eye and Jowl Dots. Cat: Change in Eye Expression and Whiskers.
- The Animals were then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label: (2¾” x approximately ⅝”) Tahitian Tide cardstock scrap.
- The truncated sentiment, You’ve Been Good, was inked with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder.
- The Label was die cut with the (2¾” x ⅝”) stitched banner die, also from the Stylish Shapes Dies set.
All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. The hind leg and tail of the Cat are supported with Mini Dimensionals.
What a cute pair of furry friends. I had fun bringing my nighttime musings to life. A blue ribbon congrats for the first day of school (here in my little part of the world).
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.