This Crazy Cousin has completed her second challenge for the month of August with the Double Trouble Team.
The current challenge is celebrating National Relaxation Day. How do you chill? Me? Give me a good friend and a cup of tea and I am good to stay put for a long while! Doesn’t the Crafter’s Café look like an ideal place? Double Trouble is partnering with the Café (#288) this round.
Bringing it all together the Tuesday Morning Sketch (#670), which I flipped to the horizontal position.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Blushing Bride cardstock.
- Accent Panel: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Square: (3” x 3”) Silver Striped piece of patterned paper from the Sale-a-bration FREE selection option (with a qualifying purchase) Gold & Silver Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Alternating Stripes were colored with the Light Flirty Flamingo and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Markers.
- Ribbon Element: a bit of retired Smoky Slate Stitched Ribbon and a created Bow were added to the right side of the Striped Square.
- Focal Image (Oval Shape) – Tea Cups and Flowers: Basic White cardstock scraps.
- Tea Cups
- A Tea Cup sized piece of a cardstock was colored with the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend for a softer porcelain look.
- Two Tea Cups were die-cut with the teacup die from the Tea Cup Dies set.
- Two Tea Cup Leafy Patterned Overlays were also die-cut. One was colored with the Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blend.
- The Tea Cups and Overlays were adhered together. White on Smoky Slate and Flirty Flamingo on White.
- The Floral images from the Happiness Abounds stamp set were stamped with gray Granite ink and then colored with the retired Light Pink Pirouette and blended with the Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends.
- The Flowers were fussy cut for a close crop.
- Additionally, one Leaf image was die-cut from a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock scrap with one of the Leaf dies from the Blossoming Happiness Dies set.
- Sentiment Flag: (1¼” x 1⅛”) Smoky Slate cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Let’s Get Together Soon, from the Cup of Tea stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The Flag was hand trimmed
All that was left was to put it all together. Flowers were added to Cups, the Leaf was tucked in and one Cup was popped up with Dimensionals.
A lovely invitation for a lovely friend. Meet me at the Crafter’s Cafe and join me for tea!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.