Love weekends, especially ones where you can carve out some time to craft.
Let me tell you a little bit about this card for a grown up Christmas baby. I love that I am able to combine stamp sets and custom create a special card.
I was inspired by various challenges: Themes – Happy Little Stampers Christmas (August) and The Flower Challenge (#71); Theme and Tools – Tic Tac Toe (#173); Colors – Color Dare (#508); Sketch – Atlantic Hearts (#484) and to share it with Ellibelle’s Crafty Corner (August).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Rich Razzleberry cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) Rich Razzleberry cardstock.
- The sentiment, Wishing You Love, Joy & Happiness…, from the retired Encircled in Warmth stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder at the bottom of the panel.
- Accent Strip: (5⅜” x ¼”) Brushed Gold cardstock.
- Cross Strip: (5⅜” x 2½”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- The word, Merriest, from one of the Merriest Moments stamp set sentiments was colored with the Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Write Marker and stamped on the right side.
- The word, Birthday, from one of the retired Four Seasons Florals stamp set sentiments was also colored and stamped under the word Merriest.
- Focal Image – Floral Oval Frame: Brushed Gold cardstock, Rich Razzleberry and Basic White cardstock scraps.
- The Brushed Gold Oval Frame was die-cut using that shaped die from the Fabulous Frames Dies set.
- The Poinsettia image pieces and the Pine Bough image from the Merriest Moments stamp set were stamped with Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green inks on to the Basic White cardstock.
- All of the pieces were die-cut with the coordinating dies from the Merriest Frames Dies set.
- Additionally, the small Floral Center piece was die-cut from Rich Razzleberry cardstock.
- The Bow image from the retired Curvy Christmas stamp set was also stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder on to a Rich Razzleberry piece and then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- I decided that the Pine Bough pieces looked better colored with the Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blend to eliminate the “whiteness”.
The Poinsettia Flower was assembled and then added to the Oval Frame along with the Pine Bough pieces and the Bow. All of the elements were then attached to the card base and the Flower and the Bow were popped up with Dimensionals. For a little extra birthday / holiday bling, I added Champagne Rhinestone Jewels to the Flower Center and the Birthday Sentiment.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.