Happy Saturday! Will you have a chance to be creative today?
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Highland Heather cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Starry Sky Dotted/Spotted patterned piece of paper from the 2022/2024 In-Color Collection Designer Series Paper pack. (In this case my “white” space is blue).
- Cross Panel: (4” x 2¼”) Balmy Blue cardstock dry-embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder.
- Envelope Shape – Dog House: (4¼” x 5½”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Gingham Pattern image from the Christmas Scottie stamp set was stamped twice, one above the other with a slight overlap with Highland Heather ink.
- The Gingham Pattern stamped images were colored over with the Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend Marker.
- Using a ruler, and the Starry Sky Stampin’ Write Marker, the Envelope / Dog House was drawn on and used as a guide for trimming the image down to (1⅞” x 2⅜”).
- Focal Image – Scottie Dog: (2½” x 2”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- One of the Dog images from the same stamp set was stamped with Starry Sky ink and then punched out with the coordinating Scottie Dog Punch.
- Button Element: Highland Heather cardstock scrap.
- The word, Woof!, from the same stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- The word, Woof!, was then punched out with a (1”) Circle Punch.
- Ribbon Element: Basic White Baker’s Twine colored with the Light Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend Marker.
The Twine was wrapped around the Balmy Blue Cross Panel and then all of the elements were assembled and adhered to the card base matching the sketch, which I flipped. The Envelope / Dog House and the Sentiment Circle were popped up with Dimensionals.
Clean and simple (CAS) cards do not always need to have a lot of “white” space, just a lot of blank space. In this case I opted for the dark blue spotted pattern paper and the light blue strip. A small step up by adding a bit of texture to balance the stamped images. The colors look so nice together!
You just have to wonder what that little fellow is up to with that backward glance. Makes me smile. Woof!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.