Another hot day today. I am thinking cool thoughts and took another dive into my stash bins.
Come play with me as I work on a few more challenges: Sketch – Sunday Stamps (#288), Theme – As You See It (#280), Theme and Color – Jingle Belles (Blue Christmas) and least but not last Materials, Tools and Color – Paper Players (#602) Tic Tac Toe Board.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 4¾”) retired Not Quite Navy cardstock dry-embossed with one of the Snowflake dies from the retired Snowfall Thinlits Dies set and the Big Shot Embossing Mats.
- Left Panel: (2¼” x 4”) Brushed Silver cardstock.
- Right Panel (2” x 3¾”) Silver & Gold Specialty Designer Series Paper, a current FREE selection from the Summer Sale-a-bration Brochure with a qualifying purchase.
- Using a Brayer, the Silver Striped patterned piece of paper was colored with retired Tranquil Tide ink.
- Shape – Double Snowflake: (3¾” x 3¾”) Iridescent Glimmer Paper and (2½” x 2½”) Turquoise Glimmer Paper from the retired Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper pack. So pretty and sparkly.
- The two Snowflakes were die-cut with additional Snowflake dies from the Snowfall Thinlits Dies set.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅝” x ¾”) Not Quite Navy cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Sending a Blizzard of Wishes…, from the retired Snow is Glistening stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
My thought process: The Turquoise Glimmer Paper was the start and I knew I wanted to create Snowflakes with it and the Iridescent color as well. Turned out that the best color match was Tranquil Tide after I tested a few colors. The Tranquil Tide paired well with the Night Quite Navy cardstock (I miss this color). With Blue (or a teal type blue), Silver accents were the obvious choice.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to match the sketch. A Rhinestone Basic Jewel was added to the center of the Snowflake completing the card.
Cool thoughts on hot days. How many more days ‘til Christmas? 142.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.