Welcome to the middle of the week! Have you had a chance to be creative?
I am playing with the current Just Us Girls (#643) challenge: CASE A DESIGNER
As you certainly know by now, I am a fan of clean and simple cards. I selected this card by Chrissie Stokes to CASE (Copy and selectively edit).
Isn’t it pretty? I made a slightly more masculine version by choosing the current color combination suggested by the Color Throwdown Team (#704) and keeping the Birthday sentiment so I could enter the card into the Happy Little Stampers August Birthday challenge.
Here is my version:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White Thick cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White Thick cardstock die-cut with the Open Triangle Loop die from the Split Card textures Dies set.
- The Opening was lined/backed with Mossy Meadow cardstock (2¾” x 5⅛”).
- Focal Image: (2½” x 5½”) Soft Suede and Basic White Thick cardstock both die-cut with the Leafy die from the Artistic Dies set.
- Sentiment Label: (2¾” x ½”) Basic White Thick cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Cottage Rose stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then die-cut with the smaller Label die from the Waves Dies set.
The two Leaf die cuts were adhered together slightly offset so that the Soft Suede acts as a natural shadow. The Leaf image was adhered to the die cut Background Panel which was popped up with Dimensionals on the card base. The Sentiment Label was also popped up with Dimensionals.
Inspiration is everywhere. Never be afraid to try your hand at re-creating a card you admire or the style of a favored card maker.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.