I have never actually created an ATC (Artist Trading Card) before today. It is a little art piece that measures (2½” x 3½”) and often supports a mixed media application. It can be used as a stand-alone creation or subsequently added to a card base creating an interesting card.
Essentially, the size (2½” x 3½”) is just about the size of a Tag without the hole and twine tie-on.
Additionally, I chose the colors from the Creative Color Challenge (#48) and because I used so many older retired stamps both Wood and Cling, I will add this to both the Facebook Joy of Sets August challenge and Retro Rubber (#188).
Here is the result:
- ATC/Tag Card Base: (2½” x 3½”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Recycled piece of Handmade Designer Series Paper (DSP) that I created for an earlier project. Read about it here: Blog Post July 26 – Biggest Wish.
- (A) The Birds on the Wire image from the retired Clearly For You Cling stamp set (Circa 2011) was stamped with Soft Suede ink and the aid of the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool to correspond with the line in the handmade DSP. The Birds were colored with the Dark Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blend.
- (B) Using Blending Brushes and Mango Melody and Tahitian Tide inks, the edges were distressed with color.
- (C) The Quatrefoil image from the retired Background Builders Wooden stamp set (Circa 2013) was stamped with Tahitian Tide ink along the right edge.
- (D) A (1” x 2¾”) Harlequin patterned piece of paper from the retired Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper pack was cut. Additional Diamonds were drawn in with the Parakeet Party Stampin’ Write Marker. The Diamonds were colored in with the Light Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blend.
- (E) A thin sliver (¼” x 3”) piece of Distressed Gold Specialty Designer Series Paper was torn and added to the left edge of the Harlequin patterned piece of paper. This piece was adhered to the ATC/Tag.
- (F) The sentiment, Celebrate, from the retired Feeling Sentimental Wooden stamp set (Circa 2013) was stamped with Soft Suede ink.
- (G) The Feather image from the retired Fine Feathers Cling stamp set (Circa 2013) and the Circle Post Mark image from the retired Established Elegance Wooden stamp set (Circa 2011) were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder.
A little card with lots of details. The ATC/Tag will likely be added to a card base when the mood strikes but for now it is complete.
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VWEQNVDE (August 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.