We have a really fun challenge for you today at Cardz 4 Guyz!
How many of you collect/keep odds and sods because you just know that you can repurpose them into something great. Do you, do it?
Pull them out and play along with us: RECYCLE SOMETHING!
This was fun and here is the result:
(1) Create Your Own Designer Series Paper:
- I tore a flap off of a Corrugated Box and ripped off one side to expose the ridges.
- I cut a portion of a used Bubble Padded Envelope.
- I added both of these to a Block with repositionable tape.
- On a half sheet (8½” x 5½”) of Crumb Cake cardstock, I stamped the Corrugate Ridge Lines with Soft Suede ink.
- I then inked the Bubble Envelope with Versamark ink and stamped over the Ridge Lines and heat-set the result with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5½” x 4”) Created Designer Series Paper.
- Using a Sponge Dauber, the edges of the panel were colored with Crumb Cake ink.
- Accent Layer: Torn Newspaper also edged with Crumb Cake ink.
- Focal Background: Torn Corrugate.
- Some of the Ridges and Edges of the Corrugate were swiped with Versamark ink and then heat-set with more Gold Embossing Powder.
- Sentiment Label (1): Torn Side of Corrugate (2½” x 2)
- The word, HAPPY, from the Biggest Wish stamp set was stamped into Versamark ink and then into Early Espresso Ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Sentiment Label (2): Early Espresso cardstock scrap (2¾” x 1”) distressed and pulled apart using the Faux Suede Technique.
- The word, birthday, also from the Biggest Wish stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder. (It shows a bit faintly in the photograph but looks very nice in real life).
- The sides of the label were also torn.
All of the found, recycled and distressed elements created were adhered to the card base for a perfectly grungy yet elevated birthday card for a guy.
Join us for this newest challenge. I look forward to seeing what you create with any recycled stuff in your someday stash!
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.