Further to my earlier post regarding favorite things, a very close second would be CAS (clean and simple) cards and the color that makes me happiest: Green.
I love to participate in the various challenges because it forces me out of my “box” and makes me think how to use all of the materials and supplies I have in the Studio.
Two current challenges, both with approaching deadlines “spoke” to me…
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Sea Foam cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Basic White cardstock.
- Horizontal Strip: The Swirled image from the Artistically Inked stamp set was stamped down the left side and overlapped with Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Focal Image: The Gingko Leaf image from the Nature’s Prints stamp set was stamped over the “strip” with Shaded Spruce ink starting at the top.
- The stamp was cleaned.
- Some of the Gingko Leaves were partially colored with the Shade Spruce Stampin’ Write Marker and added to the originally stamped Leaves with the aid of the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool.
- The overall image was softened by using a Blending Brush and Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Shape: The sentiment, Thinking of You, from the Soft Seedlings stamp set was stamped with Shaded Spruce ink.
Quick, easy and simple but the drape of the leaves is so elegant and that is enough. Thinking of You is an ideal sentiment for a CAS card because it can be used for almost any occasion.
Thanks for spending some more of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.