An interesting challenge issued by the TGIF Team this week. A Few of Your Favorite Things…
How do you pick? Giving the matter some thought, here are a few:
- Earthy Colors.
- Heat-Set Embossing (a definite go-to for me).
- A Stamp Set that is versatile.
- A pun that is not too cute, but elicits a smile.
- Beautiful patterned paper (Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Papers are fabulous).
When I got the new July – December Mini Catalog, a clear favorite was the Forever Friendship stamp set. How can you resist the pun, “Time For A Card-Again!” and that ever so comfy looking sweater? Or the cool retro Potted Plant Collection that takes me right back to my mother’s house growing up in the 70’s.
This is the card I designed to incorporate my favorites:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Crumb Cake cardstock dry-embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder.
- Accent Cross Strip: (4” x ¾”) Cajun Craze Diagonal Striped patterned piece of paper from the He’s The Man Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Frame: (2⅝” x 4”) Cajun Craze cardstock and Early Espresso/Cajun Craze Check patterned piece of paper also from the He’s the Man Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Two frames were die-cut using the Scalloped Edge Frame die from the Fabulous Frame Dies set. One from each piece of paper. The resultant Early Espresso/Cajun Craze Inset was selected to go with the Cajun Craze Frame. The remaining die-cut pieces will be used on another project down the line.
- Inset: (2⅜” x 3”) Early Espresso/Cajun Craze Check.
- The pun, Time For A Card-Again, from the Forever Friendship stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder along the bottom edge.
- Focal Image – Cardigan: (2¼” x 2¼”) Sahara Sand/Very Vanilla Knit patterned piece of paper again from the He’s The Man Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- The Cardigan image from the Forever Friendship stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede ink and then Fussy Cut with Paper Snips.
- Sentiment Label – (1”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the same stamp set was stamped with Soft Suede ink and then punched out with a (1”) Circle Punch.
- The edges of the circle were highlighted with Crumb Cake ink using a Sponge Dauber.
All that was left was to put it all together. The sentiment circle was popped up with Dimensionals.
I think this is a fun birthday card for a fellow that likes a little joke.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.