Productive day! Indulge me in another project…
Over at Paper Players (#599), this week is color. I chose the Sketch Saturday (#704) layout for a very clean and simple card using the stamp set A Fish & A Wish. For some fun, I played around with one of the newer stencils from the Artistic Decorative Masks set so I could enter the Happy Little Stampers July Stencil challenge.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Tahitian Tide cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock (times two).
- (1) Water Colored Circle
- From one panel, I used the (2⅞”) circle die from the Layering Circle Dies set to create an opening/mask panel.
- I placed the opening/mask panel over the other panel and then covered it with the Floral Stencil from the Artistic Decorative Masks set.
- I added drops of Parakeet Party Classic Ink Refill into a glass jar and mixed with water to get a color wash.
- Using the Broad-Tipped Water Painter Brush, color was applied over and through the stencil and excess colored water was absorbed with a paper towel.
- The Floral Stencil was removed, and the two panels were separated.
- Note: The color wash came out a bit blobby but still the tinge/tone was what I hoped for.
- The panel with the cut circle will be used on another project sometime in the future.
- (2) Circle Stenciling
- Another Circle Mask was die-cut from copy paper.
- The copy paper mask opening was laid over the water-colored circle, protecting the background panel.
- Using a Blending Brush, the same Floral Stencil and Parakeet Party ink, the Floral pattern was added.
- (3) Stamping
- The Kelp image from A Fish & A Wish stamp set was added to the left of the circle with Parakeet Party ink.
- The sentiment, Hey, there!, from the Charming Sentiments stamp set was added with Tahitian Tide ink.
- Shapes – Fish: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The smaller Fish image from A Fish & A Wish stamp set was stamped four times with Tahitian Tide ink and then punched out with the coordinating Fish Builder Punch.
The background panel was adhered to the card base. The Fish were added around the stenciled circle as per the sketch layout.
I love a bright green and blue combination. This was a fun little card to make. Enjoy!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.