Another Tuesday and another Facebook Case-ing Tuesday challenge (#363). Today it is a card found on page 12 of the 2022/2023 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 4¼” scored at 4¼”) Soft Succulent cardstock for a square card.
- Background Panel: (3½” x 4”) Soft Succulent cardstock.
- The Splatter pattern was created using Bleach and a Toothbrush.
- The panel was left to dry.
- Horizontal Strip: (3½” x 1¾”) Soft Succulent Cross Hatch patterned piece of paper from the 2021/2023 In-Color Designer Series Paper pack.
- The sentiment, Best Wishes, from the Cottage Rose stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- Shape – Potted Succulents: Soft Succulent and Sahara Sand cardstock scraps.
- The two smaller Succulent Plants were stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder on to the Soft Succulent cardstock.
- The color was removed from the Plants using Bleach and a Fine-Tipped Craft Brush.
- Once the images were completely dry, color was added back in with the Dark Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blend.
- The Plants were then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Similarly, the Plant Pot was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder on the Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Highlights/Shadows were added to the Pot with the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend.
- The Pot was also fussy cut.
All of the elements were arranged to match the sketch. I was glad to have any opportunity to use the Simply Succulents stamp set again as it is one that I like very much. It was fun to play with Bleach. It is always interesting to see what base color pops out when bleach is added.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C7E9W22R (July 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
The new Holiday Catalog has arrived and Sale-a-bration is in full swing. Lots of lovely new things.,