Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Balmy Blue cardstock.
- Front Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, Friends are like seashells…, was stamped in the upper right corner with Balmy Blue ink.
- The Large Seashell image was stamped in the lower right corner with Crumb Cake ink.
- Using Blending Brushes, Petal Pink ink was added to the center of the Shell followed by Mint Macaron ink.
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool, Versamark ink was added to the Shell and then heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder (stepping in for the Soft Suede color).
- Vertical Strip: (1¼” x 5¼”) Vellum.
- The back of the Vellum Strip was colored with the Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend for a soft effect.
- Flag: (⅜” x 3”) Soft Sea Foam Seam Binding Ribbon colored with the Dark Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blend.
- Additional Seashells: Vellum and Sahara Sand cardstock scraps.
- The Starfish, Sand Dollar and Small Shell images were stamped on to Vellum with Versamark ink and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder.
- The backs of the Shells were colored with Stampin’ Blends. The Starfish and Sand Dollar – Dark Crumb Cake and the Small Shell – Dark Mint Macaron.
- All of the Shells were fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- I chose to back the Starfish and the Sand Dollar with fussy cut pieces of Sahara Sand cardstock so that they would stand apart from the Balmy Blue strip.
The elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. Faux Sea Glass pieces were added to enhance the theme.
Collecting Seashells along the beach is a delightful way to spend a summer afternoon, especially with a friend.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.