What did I do this afternoon? More cardmaking, of course!
First off, I was considering the FUSION – It’s All in the Elements – Wheel Wreath Sketch and Inspiration Challenge. My take-away? Earthy colors with metallic accents and circle shapes.
Additional inspiration? Elements as suggested by Can You Handle the Pressure (#9) and TGIF (#373).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Background Circle: (1⅜”) Brushed Copper cardstock die-cut with the (1⅜”) Circle die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
- Rectangle Panel: (2¼” x 4”) Crumb Cake cardstock dry-embossed with the Stripes Embossing Folder.
- Foreground Circle: (2⅜”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Both the (2⅜”) Circle die from the same Stitched Shapes Dies set and the Bird from the retired Iconic Dies set where die-cut at the same time.
- Another Bird was die-cut from a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock scrap.
- The Crumb Cake Bird was fitted into the Basic Black Circle and a scrap of Basic Black cardstock was adhered behind.
- The Basic Black Outline Bird was reversed.
- Both the Circled Bird and the Outline Bird were dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder for a bit of texture.
- Sentiment Label: (2” x ⅜”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap.
- The truncated sentiment, Hello, from the Shaded Summer stamp set was inked with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and trimmed on the diagonal.
A small Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon Bow was attached to a Copper Paper Clip and added to the top right corner of the Rectangle Panel holding the Sentiment in place. All of the other elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch. The Rectangle Panel and Bird Circle were popped up with Dimensionals.
Always handy to have a few generic cards on hand. Especially in neutral tones if you need one for a fellow.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Shaded Summer – Hello”
Very pretty card! Thank you for joining our fun challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT
LikeLiked by 1 person
How very clever to do the positive and negative of that die cut bird image. I LOVE this design and your colors are fabulous. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along over at the Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge, hope to see you back again soon!!
Judy~ CYHTP DT
LikeLiked by 1 person