More testosterone…with Father’s Day around the corner, many, many masculine challenges abound. So here is one more…
Double Trouble (#113) partnering with Try Stampin’ On Tuesdays (#559).
How about adding elements from Tic Tac Toe (#166) and Inspiration Station (#31).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Plaid Panel: (4¼” x 5½”) Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Using the retired Best Plaid Builder Dies, the Plaid pattern pieces were die-cut.
- All pieces were dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder for a woven material like look.
- The Plaid pattern was created by adhering the pieces to the Very Vanilla base.
- The panel was then trimmed to (4” x 5¼”).
- Center Panel: (4” x 2¼”) Sahara Sand Cross Hatch patterned piece of paper from the He’s The Man Designer Series Paper pack.
- The sentiments, Thanks For This… and No One Else…, from the retired Guys Greetings stamp set were stamped with Early Espresso ink directly to the patterned paper.
- Side Strip: (⅝” x 5¼”) Soft Suede cardstock scrap also dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Oval Shape – Fussy Cut Wooden Planks: (3½” x 2”) Crumb Cake cardstock scrap.
- The Wooden Plank image from the On the Horizon stamp set was stamped with 2nd Generation (stamped off once) Soft Suede ink.
- The Foot Prints image from the retired Daring Adventure stamp set was stamped twice with Soft Suede ink to represent the son walking in his father’s steps.
- The stamped image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips and added to the panel.
- Metallic Button Brads: Retired Vintage Trinkets.
- Two button brads were chosen and added to the panel.
The created panel was adhered to the card base to complete the card.
This is a really nice card for anytime of the year. Life Lessons happen all the time.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
As I chose to use Dies (from Stampin’ Up!), I will also enter this card in the Dies R Us (#195) challenge.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
10 thoughts on “Daring Adventure – Guy Greetings”
Love your interpretation of the sketch and those boot marks with that sentiment – perfect idea! Thanks for sharing with us at both Double Trouble and TSOT 🙂
Love the paid background you created! Such a fantastic Father’s Day card, thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!
Great card design and perfect for Father! Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge, we love seeing how the photo inspires everyone’s makes.
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge
Fab neutral tones and layering on this masculine design, such a unique take on the sketch!
LikeLiked by 1 person
What a wonderful card, and just perfect for our challenge. Thanks so much for linking up to the DRU Challenge. Best of luck to you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Stunning layered dies for a beautiful textured background. That is a fabulous sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin’ On Tuesday.
Jolanda, what a GREAT interpretation of our Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch!!! Love those boot prints across the wood plank!!! Well done on incorporating Double Trouble’s three-part challenge as well… a masculine card, incorporating that clever plaid die cut, and of course using the TSOT sketch! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with both DTC and TSOT!!! -Donna
Wow, great texture on your card… and love how you created your plaid for Twisted Sister… very handsome card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT
Great masculine card Jolanda x
There’s so much fabulous detail on this card Jolanda! I love the die cut plaid with its subtle embossed finish and the foot prints are great fun. Thank you for playing with us at Tic Tac Toe! Vicky x