More testosterone…with Father’s Day around the corner, many, many masculine challenges abound. So here is one more…
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Plaid Panel: (4¼” x 5½”) Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Sahara Sand cardstock.
- Using the retired Best Plaid Builder Dies, the Plaid pattern pieces were die-cut.
- All pieces were dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder for a woven material like look.
- The Plaid pattern was created by adhering the pieces to the Very Vanilla base.
- The panel was then trimmed to (4” x 5¼”).
- Center Panel: (4” x 2¼”) Sahara Sand Cross Hatch patterned piece of paper from the He’s The Man Designer Series Paper pack.
- The sentiments, Thanks For This… and No One Else…, from the retired Guys Greetings stamp set were stamped with Early Espresso ink directly to the patterned paper.
- Side Strip: (⅝” x 5¼”) Soft Suede cardstock scrap also dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Oval Shape – Fussy Cut Wooden Planks: (3½” x 2”) Crumb Cake cardstock scrap.
- The Wooden Plank image from the On the Horizon stamp set was stamped with 2nd Generation (stamped off once) Soft Suede ink.
- The Foot Prints image from the retired Daring Adventure stamp set was stamped twice with Soft Suede ink to represent the son walking in his father’s steps.
- The stamped image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips and added to the panel.
- Metallic Button Brads: Retired Vintage Trinkets.
- Two button brads were chosen and added to the panel.
The created panel was adhered to the card base to complete the card.
This is a really nice card for anytime of the year. Life Lessons happen all the time.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
As I chose to use Dies (from Stampin’ Up!), I will also enter this card in the Dies R Us (#195) challenge.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.