Welcome back to my crazy Tuesday. I am on three design teams and all of the challenges are due the same day. Always a fun time when I am deciding what to make.
A friend reminded me that sometimes it is better to work smarter and not harder. So, this card will address all three challenges and one more. Given that the prevailing theme at the moment is Father’s Day, a masculine card is in order.
Theme: Cardz4Guyz (#298), Inspiration: Hand Stamped Sentiments (#391), and Sketch: Facebook Case-ing Tuesday (#360). For the Colors and Theme, I picked The Card Concept (#177).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Vertical Strips: (1¼” x 3¾”) and (1¼” x 4”) Two each of two patterned pieces of paper from the He’s The Man Designer Series Paper pack.
- Focal Panel Background: (4” x 3”) Crushed Curry cardstock.
- Focal Panel Foreground: (4” x 3”) Early Espresso cardstock and Early Espresso cardstock scraps.
- The Tree Canopy was created with the Tree die from the Grove Dies set.
- The two Deer images were also die-cut with the large and small Deer Silhouette dies from the same die set.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅛” x ¾”) Soft Suede cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Wishing You a Happy Father’s Day, from the He’s All That stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
Pretty quick to make all the pieces. All of the elements were adhered to the card base to resemble the sketch and the sentiment label was popped up with Dimensionals.
On a quiet evening while camping, one might hope to come upon the site of a couple of Deer silhouetted in the evening sunset. What a perfect get away to celebrate with your special man, be it your father, significant other, or just a great friend.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “He’s All That – Father’s Day”
Fantastic!! Love the evening feel you created and those designer papers are perfectly masculine!! Way to go giving great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new “Father’s Day” challenge that begins today over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
Perfect, Jolanda – a wonderful outdoor scene – I love this forest die! I have the same problem on Tuesdays, too, lol – we need to move some stuff around, lol!
Ummm, wow!!! This is an impressive combination of your challenges! Fantastic job!
Great guy card, Jolanda. Love that die! Thanks for playing along at the Card Concept.