Afternoon playdate in the Studio.
Taking inspiration from the current Time Out Challenge (#215), I selected to give you a sneak peek of a new stamp set, Splendid Thoughts that will debut in the new Holiday Mini Catalog available in July.
I also decided to keep this card clean and simple. You know that is a favorite style of mine…as such I was influenced by both the Less Is More Challenge (#466) to keep the image graphic and the Happy Little Stampers CAS June Challenge for the sentiment.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (3½” x 4¾”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Long Leaf image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Taking color inspiration from the photograph, the Leaves were colored with Stampin’ Blends: Light Parakeet Party, Starry Sky and Smoky Slate.
- One Leaf is Gold. Adhesive was applied with a small brush to the Leaf and Gilded Leafing was added.
- Any un-gilded areas were colored with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend.
- The sentiment, Sending Hugs was stamped at the base of the Leaves with Parakeet Party ink.
And that was it. However, I had an embellishment opportunity. A very small smudge got on to the card. I chose to add a Smoky Slate Classic Mat Dot to cover it up. To balance the card, I colored two White Dots with the Dark Parakeet and Starry Sky Stampin’ Blends and added them to the card.
I think the colors and the graphic nature of the Leaf image lends itself to being suitable for a guy. Even the toughest fellow needs a hug now and then.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00. Don’t forget to let me know if you want a copy of the new Holiday Catalog and Sale-a-bration Brochure.