Hello and welcome back. Our current challenge at HANDSTAMPED SENTIMENTS (#390) is Color.
Other Tuesday Team Challenges and deadlines are combined with today’s card.
Sketch: Case-ing Tuesday Facebook Challenge (#358); Theme, Tools and Materials: Paper Craft Crew Challenge (#472); and I am sharing this project with the Colour INKspiration Facebook Challenge (#122) and the Alphabet Challenge (Letter-D).
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
- Vertical Strip: (2” x 5”) Tahitian Tide Dotted piece of paper from the 2022/2024 In-Color Designer Series Paper pack.
- Circle: (2⅞”) Basic White cardstock
- Die-cut with the (2⅞”) circle from the Layering Circle Dies set.
- Dry-embossed with the same Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image – Flowers and Butterfly: A section of the large Floral patterned piece of paper from the Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper pack was cut.
- The Flowers and Butterfly were colored with Stampin’ Blends. Large Blossoms – Sweet Sorbet, Small Blossoms – Orchid Opulence, Leaves – Parakeet Party, Floral Centers – Daffodil Delight, and Butterfly – Daffodil Delight and Tahitian Tide.
- The images were then fussy-cut with Paper Snips.
- For a little bit of shine and sparkle, Wink of Stella Glitter was liberally added but it is difficult to see in the photograph but looks great in person.
- Sentiment Label: Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Birthday Wishes, from the Sending Smiles stamp set was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- The sentiment was then die-cut with the small label die from the coordinating Sending Dies set.
All of the elements were arranged to match the sketch. The Circle was popped up with Dimensionals as were portions of the fussy-cut Flower and the Butterfly. Champagne Basic Rhinestone Jewels were added to center of each Flower for maximum bling.
Looking forward to what you will create with these colors…do you have a favorite? Play along and post your project.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
3 thoughts on “Perfectly Penciled – Sending Birthday Wishes”
Wow, Jolanda – gorgeous! These flowers are so rich in color – your coloring always blows me away!
This is just gorgeous Jolanda! Thanks for sharing your beautiful die cuts with us at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah x
What a beautiful card! The embossed background perfectly showcases your flowers and the other elements. Your use of the DSP for the flower focal point is amazing. Thanks for being part of the HSS Design Team.