Our current challenge at CARDZ 4 GUYZ (#297) is the theme On the Water.
Having some fun with one of my new favorite stamp sets: A Fish & A Wish. I selected the colors from the Facebook SU! Color Challenge for May…just squeaking in…and the sketch only from the current FUSION Challenge.
I chose to create a #SimpleStamping card and here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Card Front Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- The Kelp image was stamped with 2nd Generation Soft Suede ink (Stamped-Off once) twice in the upper right corner.
- The sentiment, A Sea of Thanks, was stamped in the lower right with Soft Suede ink.
- Cross Strip: (4” x 1”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The Wave image was stamped twice along the strip with Night of Navy ink.
- Upper Semi Circle Shape – Fish: (3” x 1”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The largest Fish image was stamped with Pumpkin Pie ink and fussy-cut with Paper Snips.
- Center Circle Shape – Fish: (1½” x 1”) Basic White cardstock scrap.
- The smallest Fish image was stamped with Crushed Curry ink and then punched out with the Fish Builder Punch. However, it would be just as quick to fussy-cut the image.
All of the elements were adhered to the resemble the sketch. A few colored Rhinestone Jewels were added for bubble bling. The Dark Blue and Gold colored jewels are from the retired Holiday collection, the Lighter Blue from the retired Wave collection and Light Yellow from the Champagne collection.
I am a fan of clean and simple cards for guys. How about you?
I hope I have inspired you. What springs to your mind when you think of “on the water”? Recreate it! If you do, please share it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. I would love to see what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.