Working on a number of pending deadlines…
Somewhere been day and night, we have a sunset: Time Out Challenge (#214)
and along with the sun we have a beach and birds: Just Add Ink Challenge (#605) and Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#163).
Bringing it all together, the Facebook Stampin’ Through the Catalog stamp set choice for today, May 31st – He’s All That and last week’s Facebook Case-ing Tuesday Sketch Challenge (#357) flipped to the horizontal position.
Here is the result combining several stamp sets to create the beach scene:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Crumb Cake cardstock.
- Three Split Panels: (1¾” x 4”), (1⅝” x 4”) and (1¾” x 4”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Each Panel was stamped separately, but I could have done them as one and then cut them apart.
- Left Panel:
- The VW Bus image from the He’s All That stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso Ink using the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool and the Stampin’ Write Marker to highlight just the Vehicle.
- A mask was also stamped and used to cover the Vehicle.
- The Sand, Water and Sky images from the Oceanfront stamp set were then stamped using Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Petal Pink and Pale Papaya inks.
- The mask was removed, and the vehicle was colored with Stampin’ Blends. Surfboard – Daffodil Delight, Vehicle – Calypso Coral, Windows – Smoky Slate, and Wheels – Early Espresso.
- Center Panel:
- The sentiments, To the Man who does Everything, from the He’s All That stamp set and Thank You, from the Hello Beautiful stamp set were stamped with Early Espresso ink.
- The Sand, Water and Sky were then added as described above.
- Right Panel:
- The Pelican image from the Waves of Inspiration stamp set was stamped with Crumb Cake ink.
- A mask was also stamped and used to cover the Pelican
- The Sand, Water and Sky were then added as previously described.
- Using the small Circle stamp from Watercolor Shapes stamp set and Crushed Curry ink, the Sun was added to the horizon.
- The mask was removed, and the Pelican image was colored with Stampin’ Blends. Pelican Eye Area – Early Espresso, Pelican Feathers – Smoky Slate, Pelican Beak – Daffodil Delight, Pilings – Crumb Cake, and Rope – Soft Suede
- The Grass image from the Oceanfront stamp set was added with Soft Suede ink to ground the Pilings.
- The Seagulls image from the retired Sailing Home stamp set was added with Early Espresso ink.
The three panels were adhered to the card base to match the flipped sketch. Just Stamps, Ink and Paper…#simplestamping…with a twist using the Masking Technique.
Never too late to use a sketch challenge to support your ideas.
Thanks for spending a some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: NTBGDX2J (June 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
7 thoughts on “He’s All That – Thank You”
WOW…this is such an awesome card…love everything about this design! Thank you for playing along with us!
Love it! Beautiful watercolour, a really lovely and interesting scene. Chantell Just Add Ink
Super cool masculine card Jolanda. Love the scene you’ve created. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink Chalenge blog. Tristan DT.
Love your separation of elements onto the different panels Jolanda – so effective at creating a really lovely coast scape! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim
Your beach scene is absolutely beautiful and I love how you cut the panels! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!
A beautiful design Jolanda! All your masking plaid off handsomely with the fabulous triptych scene you’ve. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!
That’s a brilliant masculine card – love the way you’ve combined the different stamp sets x