Over at Time Out, Challenge (#213) they are looking for a vacation related theme.
What is your ideal vacation? Sun, Sand, Surf? Or like me, the cobbled streets of Europe. My ideal is cycling through the tulip fields in the Netherlands…
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) So Saffron cardstock.
- Background Panel: (5⅜” x 4⅛”) So Saffron cardstock.
- The sentiment, You make me smile, from the now retired Sale-a-bration Calming Camellia stamp set was stamped in the lower left corner with Early Espresso ink.
- The panel was then die-cut /embossed with the Stitched Greenery Die for the leaf textured stitching,
- Accent Mat: (4⅜” x 2⅞”) Soft Suede cardstock.
- Focal Panel: (4¼” x 2¾”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- The Windmill and Tulip image from the retired Winds of Change stamp set was stamped with Stazon Black ink.
- The image was water colored with washes of Crumb Cake – Windmill, Daffodil Delight – Tulips, Pear Pizzazz – Leaves and Balmy Blue – Sky.
- Additional Crushed Curry ink was added to deepen the color of the Tulips.
- Accent Oval: (2¾” x 1⅞”) Shimmery White cardstock.
- The Bicycle image from the same stamp set was also stamped with Stazon Black ink.
- The image was die-cut with the oval die from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies set.
- I opted to leave this image uncolored and positioned in the lower right.
Where ever you go on holiday, make sure you have fun!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
I am also entering this card into the following challenges: Happy Little Stampers May Watercolor and Colour Crazy Week 18.
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Winds of Change – You Make Me Smile”
What a fantastic card! I love the vintage feel and the background faux stitching pattern adds a lot of dimension. Thanks for playing at Time Out!
Beautiful card! Makes me wish I was in Amsterdam:) Thanks for joining us over at HLS Watercolour.