It is Tuesday!! Time for the Facebook Case-ing Tuesday (#356) Challenge.
Additional Inspiration: Stampin’ Up!’s #SimpleStamping Challenge for May and Crafter’s Café (#285) Challenge for Theme Materials.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Accent Panel: (4⅝” x 3¼”) Spotted Orchid Oasis piece of paper from the In-Color 2022/2024 Designer Series Paper pack.
- Cross Strip: (5½” x ¾”) Striped Parakeet Party piece of paper from the same In-Color 2022/2024 Designer Series Paper pack.
- The ends of the strip were hand-flagged with Paper Snips.
- Focal Panel: (4⅛” x 2¾”) Basic White cardstock
- The Daisy image from the Daisy Garden Background stamp was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- One Daisy, Leaf and Stem was highlighted. Colors: Light and Dark Orchid Oasis and Parakeet Party Stampin’ Blends.
- The truncated sentiment, Thank You, from the Color & Contour stamp set was inked with the Orchid Oasis Stampin’ Write Marker and positioned in the lower left corner.
- Light Parakeet Party color was added with the Stampin’ Blend, by highlighting the words with the Bullet end of the Marker.
All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch. Using the samples in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs is a great place to get inspiration.
Creating a card with just stamps, inks and paper for a #simplestamping objective is an exercise in restraint. It is so tempting to add textured and/or heat embossing and a few die-cuts.
The new In-Colors are so bright and saturated that a little goes a long way and the Spotlight Technique is nice way to use them.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.