Our current challenge at HANDSTAMPED SENTIMENTS (#389) is a Sketch.
Additional Inspiration: Just Add Ink (#603) for the chosen colors and CAS on Friday (#231) for the theme and card style.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock.
- Background Accent Panel: (3¼” x 3¼”) Silver Foil
- Flag: (2¾” x 5”) Black Dotted White piece of patterned paper from the retired Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack. The paper was colored with a Brayer using Mint Macaron ink. The Flag was notched (¾”) by hand using Paper Snips.
- Focal Image – Butterfly: (3½” x 2½”) Basic White cardstock and Silver Foil.
- The Basic White cardstock was colored with Blushing Bride ink on the top and Rich Razzleberry ink on the bottom. The colors were applied with Blending Brushes.
- The Solid Butterfly shape was die-cut with one of the dies from the Brilliant Wings Dies set.
- The Silver Foil Open Wing Detailed Butterfly over-lay was die-cut with the coordinating die from the same die set.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅝” x ½”) Rich Razzleberry cardstock scrap.
- The sentiment, Follow your dreams, from the Through it Together stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- The sentiment was then die-cut with the small label die from the Potted Succulents Dies set.
The Silver Butterfly over-lay was adhered to the Solid Butterfly base and all of the other elements were adhered in place to match the sketch.
Make a wish…follow the Butterfly and find your dreams…
I hope I have inspired you to try your hand at using this sketch as a jumping point for your next project. If you do, please share it with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. I would love to see what you create.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
8 thoughts on “Brilliant Wings – Follow Your Dreams”
Your ombre butterfly is so pretty, and sits perfectly on the Mint background. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.
That butterfly is fabulous Jolanda! The ombré inking and use of the colours is really lovely. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.
Gorgeous layered butterfly, Jolanda – love that blended backing! Such great colors!
that’s so beautiful Jolanda x
So striking Jolanda. I love how you’ve used our challenge colours with that fold sketch. Thanks for joining in again with us at Just Add Ink.
Love the transition of colour across your butterfly Jolanda, so beautiful especially accented with the silver foil overlay! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim
A very sweet card – love the silver foil! Chantell Just Add Ink
I love the butterfly die and the ombre behind the die cut. Very elegant card. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at CAS on Friday. Stay safe and keep crafting! xx