Happy Sunday! I have been invited to be a Guest Designer for the AAA Cards Team. What a nice opportunity to share with such talented designers.
This week, the challenge (#215) is to create a No Layer Card with the theme options of Plant, Grow and/or Farm.
Perusing my collection of stamps for an image that would work for this challenge, I settled on the stamp set Just Because. It was a favorite of mine, and the little potted plant image was begging for a bit of ink.
I opted for the colors, Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green and Night of Navy suggested by last week’s Paper Players Challenge (#590). What great combination!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 11” scored at 5½”) Basic White cardstock.
- Step 1.
- I stamped the Plant Pot image in the lower right corner (⅞”) from the bottom of the card front with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- I also stamped the image again on Copy Paper and fussy cut the image to create a Mask.
- The Mask was adhered in position over the original image with Repositionable Tape.
- Step 2.
- From another a piece of Copy Paper (4¼” x 5½”), I die-cut the largest triangle shape from the Stitched Triangles Dies set in the lower right corner (approximately ⅜”) from the bottom and (approximately ¼”) from the side.
- I chose to put the point at the top to contrast with the shape of the frame and the pot.
- With the Mask/Stencil secured in place with additional Repositionable Tape, and a Blending Brush, the Triangle Shape was colored with Fresh Freesia ink.
- The Masks were then removed.
- Step 3.
- The Plant Pot was colored with Stampin’ Blends. Flowers: Light and Dark Fresh Freesia, Leaves: Light and Dark Granny Apple Green and Pot: Light and Dark Night of Navy.
- Step 4.
- The sentiment, Hoping your day blooms with happiness, from the Varied Vases stamp set was selected because it suited the image so nicely and was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink under the Plant Pot within the Triangle.
One Layer…and we are done. A sweet, fresh friendship card!
I hope I have inspired you to consider the theme and the clean and simple no layer card style for your next card. If I have, please share what you create. I am looking forward see it!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Just Because – Happiness Blooms”
Congratulations on the guest spot. Well deserved from the looks of this gorgeous card! Love the geometric background inking!
Congrats on the DT guest spot! Love this card xx