Hi! Welcome back. I have a lovely floral card for you today. A friend asked me to create a card for someone really special. Her favorite flowers are Dahlias and specifically pink ones…
Several challenges inspired my creation:
Retro Rubber (#182) Flower Power; Just Us Girls (#631) Word Week – Flowers; The Card Concept (#175) May Flowers for both theme and overall color choice and Make My Monday (#174) Springtime, a time for flowers.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 11” scored at 5½”) Blushing Bride cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4¾” x 7⅞”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Flowers and Leaves: (8½” x 11”) Basic White cardstock sheet.
- Seven (7) Dahlia Outline images from the retired Delicate Dahlias (circa 2021) stamp set were stamped with Smoky Slate ink.
- The Dahlia inset Two Step Stamping image was added to the Dahlia Outline images with the pink toned inks: Pink Pirouette (R), Blushing Bride, Regal Rose (R) and Polished Pink.
- Depth and Highlights were added to the Dahlias with Stampin’ Blends: Pink Pirouette (R), Polished Pink and Daffodil Delight.
- All of the Dahlias were fussy cut with Paper Snips and three (3) Dahlias were trimmed for only the center section of the flowers which were then popped up with Dimensionals when assembled for a more 3D look.
- Three (3) Leaf Outline images were also stamped but this time with Basic Gray ink.
- The Leaf inset Two Step Stamping image was added to the Leaf Outline images with green toned inks: Pear Pizazz and Second Generation (stamped off once) Mossy Meadow ink.
- The Leaves were also fussy cut.
- The Flowers and Leaves were arranged and adhered to the Background Panel.
- Ribbon and Bow Embellishment: retired Pink Pirouette Metallic Edged Ribbon was wrapped around the Background Panel and secured with scotch tape and a Bow was tied and added to the ribbon with a Glue Dot.
- Sentiment – Inside Card: (4¾” x 7⅞”) Basic White cardstock.
- The sentiment, Of all the blossoms in life’s garden, friendship is the most fragrant, from the retired Grace’s Garden (circa 2020) stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink.
- Another Dahlia was added to the lower right corner with Smoky Slate and Blushing Bride ink.
- Bling: Using the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, sparkle was brushed on to the Dahlias.
- Envelope: (11” x 11”) Green and White Leaf patterned piece of paper from the retired Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.
- Using the Envelope Punch Board, an envelope was created to fit the large card sized (5½” x 8½”)
Card – Inside using the stamp set Grace’s Garden for the sentiment and Floral detail with Wink of Stella:
My friend was very happy with this card. I think it turned out very nicely. What do you think?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 74BJRERX (May 2022) if you spend less than $150.00.
7 thoughts on “Delicate Dahlias – Fragrant Blossoms”
Oh my goodness, what pretty Dahlias! This is a wonderful card, Jolanda. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls!
So very pretty, Jolanda – I think the dahlias JUST squeak in, lol – and they are GLORIOUS! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!
Lovely card! Dahlias are a favorite of mine, but hard to grow in my area . . . either have to dig them up every year, or start from new bulbs. The design is classic and the interior of the card is a wonderful finishing touch. Thanks for playing along at Retro Rubber!
what a brilliant idea to layer up the dahlias – they look fantastic!
Those dahlias are beautiful, Jolanda! No wonder your friend was happy with it, it’s just lovely! A perfect way to interpret the challenge for both Retro Rubber and the Card Concept! Thanks for playing~!
Loving your challenge combo here. I love Dahlia’s – my Momma always grows them – and yours are perfect here. I love the little ribbon, anchoring it all. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT
Amazing card Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge
auw wat een supertoffe kaart, Leuk dat je meedoet bij Make My Monday challenge
DT Make My Monday challenge
mocht je mijn nieuwe blognaam nog niet hebben, zie de info hieronder
Ik ben nu te vinden onder mijn nieuwe blognaam Claudia’s kaartjes met een nieuw URL: https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
LikeLiked by 1 person